We know Australia as travel heaven but besides its lovely landscapes and golden beaches, it is also famous for its world class education system. It is not only about Kangaroos, Kolas or Opera House but much more. One need not search for reasons to study in Australia as there are plenty. Australia has world’s top 8 universities. It is considered the one of the top destinations for higher studies after US and UK. It has in fact the highest number of international students. Its friendly laid back culture and high living standards attract foreign students in drove.
Given below are some of the compelling reasons to studying down under
- World Class Institutions – There are close to 40 universities with 8 of them among the top 100 universities of the world. Regardless of what you are studying or where you are studying in Australian, its regulations and practices ensure a consistent standard for training and education of international students.
2. Range of Courses – There are nearly 1200 institutions offering more than 20000 courses. They are offered at all levels graduation, post-graduation or doctoral studies. The choice is plenty and students can select what is the best for them. There are also vocational training courses and English language courses for foreign students.
3. Employment opportunities – Australia boasts off a friendly and multi-cultured environment. It provides plenty of opportunities for international students to earn while they learn thru part-time work opportunities. It is possible to get internship or apprenticeship opportunities in urban areas. If you are keen, some regions offer opportunities to work in tourism industry. It gives one a chance to mix and interact with people of different nationalities.
4. Financial Assistance – Australia offers several scholarships and financial assistance to international students. The Australian government has a welcoming attitude towards foreign students and offers nearly $250 million in grants, scholarships and other forms of financial assistance. It is advisable to talk to financial aid office of the University where you are desirous of pursuing your studies to get the latest information.
5. Large International Students population – Australia has third largest international student population behind US and UK in spite having a population of 23 million. Considering this number, it is not surprising that there are more than 2.5 million former international students who are making a difference around the world. With such impressive alumni record, Australia is credited with some of the significant discoveries such as penicillin, IVF, Wi-Fi, etc.
What are you waiting for? Select the university, choose the course and pack your bags.